Last Revised: February 13, 2017.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you through the Website, including but not limited to:
- Contact Information such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Billing Information such as credit card number and billing address
- Preferences information such as product wish lists, marketing preferences, and order history
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as social media platforms, data aggregators and cooperatives and public databases. We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including the information you provide to us, with information we receive from third parties, information we automatically collect (as explained above) and information provided or collected offline including when you use the Services.
We also automatically gather information about your computer or device from which you access the Services, such as your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, IP address, time and date of visit, referring/exit pages and operating system and information about your use of and actions on the Site.
We may log this information for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
We use the information we collect to:
- Administer your account
- Operate, maintain and improve our products and services including the Services
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards
- Process and fulfill your order
- Send you information regarding your order including confirmations and invoices
- Communicate with you, including by sending you marketing emails, about promotions, upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners
- Provide you with support
- Improve our Services and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- Respond to your questions and communications
Web Tracking Technologies
Our Services contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We may use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Services are used.
Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
Targeted Advertising (also known as online behavioral advertising) uses information collected on an individual's web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. We may work with third parties by placing or accessing cookies in your browser when you visit this, or other, websites and thus being able to better serve you relevant, targeted advertising to you based on your viewing history.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to stop receiving or “opt-out” of receiving our newsletter or marketing emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts, our business dealings with you and other information regarding your use of the Services.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website works for you.
We may share your personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses.
We may share your personal information with companies that provide services to help us in the operation of our Services or with our other business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. Such sharing includes:
- sharing your billing and shipping information with payment processors such as third party payment processors and third party logistics vendors that are assisting us in fulfilling orders you place through the Services; and
- sharing your personal information with third parties such as media agencies or email service providers that are assisting us in sending direct marketing messages.
We may also share your personal information to:
- protect the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person;
- when requested by government or law enforcement officials;
- respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); and
- prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with the law.
We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page or the size of an order placed on a certain date or other aggregated usage data) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
We may share your personal information with third party service providers to enable them to assist in fulfilling the requests you make or the transactions you conduct via the Services.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, or to choose to opt out of such disclosure. To make such a request, please write to us at the address below.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13) you should not register, order, purchase or provide information to or from Alastin Skincare. If you have knowledge that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has submitted Personal Information to us, please email us and we will remove that child's personal information from our files.
Correction to Your Personal Information or Disabling Your Account
You can access, correct, or update your Personal Information to prevent any future purchases through that account by logging into your account here or by contacting us through our contact information linked below. Do not email us your credit card information. To cancel your online account, please contact us by using the contact form or information provided here.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We will not store your complete credit card information on our servers, but will only use an incomplete identifier (e.g., last four digits of your credit card number) to identify your Account. Any complete credit card information you choose to store in connection with your Account will be stored by our third party payment processing service providers such as Metrics Global.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.