You have no items in your bag
We Asked 12 Dermatologists to Share Their Exact Skincare Routines, Here's What They Said
Skin type: Combination; acne-prone (with focus on anti-aging).
Approach: I’m in my 40s now and suffer from adult female hormonal acne, so anti-aging and balancing skincare products that prevent breakouts and wrinkles are key! I believe in a topical and systemic approach to healing the skin so I am careful in both my skincare selection, as well as dietary and active lifestyle choices. I also use oral supplementations to support healthy skin and shift towards anti-inflammatory tendencies.
- Wash with the Clarisonic Mia Smart and glycolic and alpha-hydroxy acid cleanser to treat both acne and boost skin tone and cell turnover (this is left on for three minutes while I shower).
- For the face, apply HA toning pads from Topix for melasma, followed by Revision Skincare C+ Correcting Complex 30%, Replenix Power of Three Serum and a hydrator (such as SkinMedica HA5 Hydrator) for added moisture.
- Top with an eye cream. I use both ALASTIN Skincare Restorative Eye Treatment and Neocutis Lumiere Riche to encourage healthy fat around aging eyes, stimulate collagen and elastin, and reduce puffiness.
- For the body, combine Revision Skincare BodiFirm and ALASTIN Skincare TransFORM Body Treatment to help firm skin, moisturize, and encourage healthy fat distribution.
- Re-wash (same cleanser), followed by Sakura Silk Regenerating Exfoliant to gently remove keratin and exfoliating pads with HQ for melasma.
- Apply a tretinoin with hyaluronic acid and a collagen base (Obagi Tretinoin or Altreno) to the face and bakuchiol/retinol mixture (such as Revision Skincare D.E.J Night Face Cream) to the neck and chest.
- Follow with ALASTIN Skincare Restorative Complex (contains tri-hex peptides to build collagen and elastic fibers, as well as hexapeptide-38, which encourages more youthful-appearing fat for thinning/hallowing skin)
Join the A-List
Stay in the glow with the latest beauty and skincare trends, products, and procedures.