2020 saw many of us spending all our time staring at computer screens, whether it was for work, or in an effort to stay in touch with family and friends. But besides a little eye strain, there was one unexpected side effect of this screen time: Zoom Face.
On Zoom calls, it is easy to be distracted by our own reflection in video meetings. This constant gaze has led some people to become a little more self-scrutinizing.
It’s natural to become more aware of our faces, especially in the unfamiliar self-facing camera lens setting. As a result, some have sought after long-term changes in their appearances to improve their features on and off-screen.
Solutions to Zoom Face
When makeup, camera filters, and better lighting or that face Zoom effect aren’t an easy fix for Zoom Face, some individuals schedule skin treatments to get rid of loss of volume in the face, wrinkles, or uneven skin.
Two common procedures have jumped to the forefront when it comes to erasing Zoom Face: injectables and chemical peels.
Whether you have recently received treatment, or plan on receiving treatment, our products have been clinically proven to aid in patient recovery. We can help improve the overall effect of cosmetic procedures for longer-lasting results. At the same time, our products can help speed up the recovery process, so you’re looking and feeling your best on video calls again in no time.
Injectables and INhance Post-Injection Serum with TriHex Technology®
Injectable treatment options include dermal filler injections and neuromodulator injectables. Both can be used to target different results in different areas of the face.
Dermal Fillers – Dermal fillers are the best choice for those seeking to add lost volume to their looks. Dermal fillers can plump thin lips, add volume to hollow cheeks, fill in deep creases (often around nose and mouth), or improve overall facial symmetry.
- Neuromodulator Injectables – Neuromodulators are more commonly chosen to elevate the brow, soften the appearance of a furrowed brow, or eliminate lines and wrinkles around your eyes, mouth, and neck.
Aftercare and Recovery: INhance Post-Injection Serum with TriHex Technology®
If you have chosen an injectable treatment, or plan to receive one soon, give yourself a post-op gift: gorgeous results and a quick recovery.
INhance Post-Injection Serum with TriHex Technology® has a cooling applicator tip that immediately soothes during application. This formula is also non-comedogenic to prevent clogged pores. Our formula accelerates recovery from post injection bruising and swelling. The serum works with your skin to clear away damaged collagen and elastin while producing new, healthy cells.
After your accelerated recovery you can enjoy hydrated, plump skin and a gorgeous overall result.
Skin Peels and the Procedure Enhancement System
There are three basic types of skin peel, with varying intensities: light, medium and deep.
- Light – Consists of a mild acid to penetrate the outer layer of skin and gently exfoliate and refresh.
- Medium – Uses a stronger combination of acids than a Light treatment, and can address age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, acne redness, and skin discoloration.
- Deep – This treatment uses the strongest concentrations of acids to penetrate the middle layer of skin and remove damaged skin cells; this treatment requires the most recovery.
Pre and Post Procedure: Procedure Enhancement System
Let ALASTIN be your support, before and after your cosmetic procedures. The collection of products in our Procedure Enhancement System can be used in the weeks prior to and after the procedure, so that your skin is prepped for the peel, no matter how deep, and recovers more quickly after. The System includes some of our best-performing products to help reveal your best skin post-procedure, including:
- Regenerating Skin Nectar with TriHex Technology®
- Broad Spectrum Sunscreen, SPF 30+
- Ultra Nourishing Moisturizer with TriHex Technology®
- Gentle Cleanser
- Soothe + Protect Recovery Balm
Skincare professionals like Dr. Suneel Chilukuri of Refresh Dermatology have seen patients who use the Procedure Enhancement System return to their normal activities within 4 to 7 days, depending on the treatment. Let the Procedure Enhancement System get you back into the swing of things, looking and feeling better than ever.
How to Look Good on Zoom
If you don’t decide to go with a procedure, there are still ways to combat Zoom Face with our medical grade skincare. All the elements of the Procedure Enhancement System are also beneficial for everyday use. But if you’re looking for a more specific pick-me-up, try these science-backed products.
Restorative Eye Treatment with TriHex Technology® – With this treatment, a combination of our TriHex Technology®, super hydrating silver mushroom extract, and niacinamide can help brighten and smooth the texture around your eyes.
Restorative Skin Complex with TriHex Technology® – This therapeutic complex can make your skin bounce back, lifting and volumizing to combat signs of aging.
- Restorative Neck Complex with TriHex Technology® – Our rejuvenating, soothing formula caters to the delicate skin below the chin and above the chest, tightening crepey skin and helping to even out skin tone.
Look Good On Screen and Out in the World with ALASTIN
At ALASTIN, we are here for you, whether you’re searching for a way to speed up your injection healing, can’t wait to see your new skin after a deep peel, or just want a beauty pick-me-up for a persistent case of Zoom Face while video conferencing. With a little help from our science-backed products and proven results, you can put your best skin forward.
- “Dermal Fillers.” American Society of Plastic Surgeons. https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/dermal-fillers/cost
- Marta I. Rendon, Beatrice Wang. "Evidence And Considerations In The Application Of Chemical Peels In Skin Disorders And Aesthetic Resurfacing". Pubmed Central (PMC), 2010, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2921757/#B21