Surgical & Nonsurgical Skincare Treatments For Your Neck And Décolleté
Signs of skin aging don’t always first appear where you think it will. For many, your hands and neck can be among the first places that you will notice visible signs of skin aging.
Causes can include everything from less-than-ideal genetics to inadequate sun protection, even sleep positions! What’s more, even just the passage of time can work against us; “‘as we age, our skin loses water and collagen content, and as a result, it becomes drier and less firm’” as explained by plastic surgeon Jorge L. Menedez, MD on NewBeauty.com. That dry skin can be one of the leading causes of unwanted lines and wrinkles in this often highly visible area.
However, there is plenty you can do to help maintain a healthy, glowing neck and décolleté area which may involve re-examining your beauty regimen and lifestyle habits. Review our expert beauty tips for your delicate décolleté here >
That said, many are going one step further and exploring the trendy neck frontier of neck and décolleté skin treatments. Let’s review some FAQs and get some answers…
Common Questions About Surgical Treatments For Your Neck And Décolleté
You’ve got a list of questions, we’ve got some answers. Truth be told our best answer is - talk to your Healthcare Provider about your skin concerns for your neck and décolleté. If you don’t have one, use our search tool to find a skincare expert in your area that can review your treatment options with you in detail.
That said, let’s review some general FAQs about this hot topic: neck and décolleté skincare treatments!
What is the best treatment for sagging jowls?
Say it slowly with us… hy-aaahhhh-lurrr-onnnic acid. Hyaluronic Acid - it’s your friend, and it can be injected into your neck and chin areas to help fill in jowls and to address concerns with skin sagging and loss of firmness in the neck and décolleté areas.
Can Laser Skin Tightening work on my neck too?
Good old fashioned heat can be one of the most effective methods for tightening loose, crepey skin on the neck and just about anywhere. Check out this article on ELLE.com for a full deep dive on laser skin tightening.
Do I need a neck lift for my double chin or sagging neck?
A neck contouring surgery, or neck lift, can help create a firmer, smoother, and more refined appearance to the neck and chin area. This may include liposuction or neck lift surgery, or possibly a combination of surgical and nonsurgical treatments for the desired result.
How do I get the best results from my surgical skin treatment for my neck and décolleté?
Your Healthcare Provider will guide you through how to best prepare your skin for your surgical skincare treatment both before and after your rejuvenation procedure. Many experts recommend starting with the one-two punch of the ALASTIN Skincare TriHex Transition Duo which contains a full-size Regenerating Skin Nectar with TriHex Technology® and a transition-size of the Restorative Skin Complex with TriHex Technology®. Both feature the patented TriHex Technology® designed to support your skin’s natural life cycle - promoting the benefits of recycling, rebuilding, and replenishing the skin matrix in order to maintain a healthy glow and youthful appearance.
Nonsurgical Treatments For The Neck And Décolleté
There are many popular nonsurgical skincare treatments you can discuss with your Healthcare Provider as well that can help address your skin concerns in your neck and décolleté area. Some popular skincare treatments you may want to ask them about include:
- Botox to help with fine lines and wrinkles
- Radiofrequency microneedling
- Ultherapy for skin tightening
- CoolMini by CoolSculpting or Kybella for fat reduction
And since it’s the season of Thanksgiving, let’s touch on 5 lifestyle tips to help address that turkey neck, just for good measure!
- Be wary of tech-neck! Often you may be caught contorting your neck to look down at your phone while sitting or lying down, which can cause unwanted lines and wrinkles in your neck (not to mention aches and pains under the skin!).
- Try facial yoga! Regularly stretching and flexing the muscles in your face and neck area - without overdoing it! - can help keep the muscles under the skin in this area taut and firm.
- Add anti-aging skincare designed for your neck and décolleté to your daily beauty regimen. Remember that the skin on your décolleté is more like the skin on your eyelids - very thin and delicate - so it’s important to use skincare specifically designed to treat this type of skin.
- Stay hydrated! Your neck has fewer oil glands than the skin on your face, so it is more likely to get dry which can lead to wrinkles. Get yourself a hydrating, peptide-rich moisturizer and apply liberally. Drinking your recommended 8 oz. of water daily will also help!
- Cover up and protect your skin to prevent signs of skin aging in the first place! When you are flaunting your décolleté, be sure you are applying a broad spectrum SPF designed to protect you from both UVA and UVB rays. But also, turtlenecks are your friend. Don’t be afraid to cover up with fashionable scarves or higher necklines if you’re seeing signs of aging in this area to help prevent further damage.
Stay In The Glow!
Join the A-List to stay in the glow with the latest beauty and skincare trends, products, and procedures.