How to Get Rid of Sun Spots, Age Spots, and Other Sun-Induced Skin Concerns
The best part of Summer is soaking up the outdoor air, the sunshine at the pool, and juggling your road trips and cocktail party schedule.
Unfortunately, by the end of the summer, soaking up that sunshine and being surrounded by humid temperatures shows in your complexion. Sun damaged skin creeps up in different forms - sun and age spots, dry patches, and fine lines and wrinkles.
Below is a quick roundup of key facts and tips on the best cosmetic procedures for aging skin. You will be on the road to healthy, glowing skin in no time!
WHAT DOES THE SUN DO TO THE SKIN?
Let's talk about collagen and elastin. Sun exposure damages collagen and elastin in the skin. Collagen gives your skin strength, while elastin enables your skin to stretch and bounce back. The sun causes collagen and elastin to break down, ultimately damaging these important proteins in your skin and giving the appearance of early aging.
SCHEDULE YOUR TREATMENTS
You're already wearing at least an SPF 30 on your face every day, yes?
Okay, now that we confirmed that, the next step is to start scheduling those post-summer skin rejuvenating procedures. These are some of the most popular post-summer treatments that can help your skin bounce back from months of overexposure and dehydration.
- Chemical Peels - A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
- Microneedling - microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment in which a dermatologist or aesthetician creates tiny punctures in the skin using micro-fine needles (from 0.5 to 2 millimeters in diameter). This triggers the body's wound healing process, stimulating collagen and elastin production.
- Laser Resurfacing - Laser resurfacing is a treatment to reduce facial wrinkles and skin irregularities, such as blemishes or acne scars. The technique directs short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin, precisely removing the skin layer by layer.
SUPERCHARGE YOUR RESULTS
Now that you're slathered in SPF, wearing a big floppy hat and have your procedures scheduled, it's time to prep the skin to get the deeper layers of the skin ready, so you can get the best outcome possible!
Enter: Regenerating Skin Nectar with TriHex Technology. This award-winning formula works beneath the surface of the skin to clear out the "old debris" of damaged collagen and elastin to help prepare the skin for rejuvenation procedures.
Decluttering the old damaged proteins in your skin before your procedure ensures you will have the best outcome possible. In fact, patients have experienced less redness and swelling, less downtime, and overall better results after their skin rejuvenating treatments while using Alastin Regenerating Skin Nectar. Learn more and read reviews for Alastin Regenerating Skin Nectar.
ADD THIS SKINCARE IMMEDIATELY TO YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE
Start now. It is so important to calibrate your beauty routine before the harsh winter months.
Get your hands (and skin!) on these immediately:
- HydraTint Broad Spectrum Sunscreen - the best way to start working on your Fall and Winter complexion is by making sure you are adequately protected year-round. This all mineral formulation complete with UVA/UVB protection, SPF 36, and environmental pollution protection, this award-winning tinted sunscreen is the perfect solution for all of your remaining sun-filled summer days. Also, it's the ideal product to continue with into fall and winter to ensure your bronzed glow and your sun protection continues through the holiday season.
- Restorative Eye Treatment with TriHex Technology - It's all in the name, restore the skin around your eyes with this customer favorite. Any age and any skin type can benefit from this product; and with a 5-star rating and skin-firming eye formula, you can work this into your beauty routine for AM and PM application - whatever suits you!
- Restorative Neck Treatment with TriHex Technology - We always remember to give our faces much-needed love but don't neglect the neck! We often overlook this area of the body, but this revolutionary formula that has been shown to decrease redness, increase skin elasticity, and firm the skin. Tech neck beware, this product addresses the unique challenges of the delicate neck and décolleté area and features the Alastin TriHex Technology formulated to help improve the texture and hydration of this often neglected area.
Have a specific question about how to protect your skin from the sun? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Instagram or Facebook.